WHAT ARE THE TRAINING PARTICIPANTS SAYING?
WHAT ONE NEW SKILL OR NEW
PIECES OF KNOWLEDGE ARE YOU EXCITED TO TAKE AWAY FROM THE WORKSHOP?
PRIORITY 3: SAN JUAN, PR (2016)
- Methods to increase productivity with less resources
- Implement more staff and customer appreciation. I want to produce a TRIOS newsletter.
- Technology in Education para la retencion de nuestros participantes. Las estrategias para incrementar la retencion de nuestros participantes.
- Utilizing analytics to determine if our communication/marketing strategies are as effective as we think.
- Involving First-Generation Faculty in TRIO programming.
- Using a texting app to send mass texts to students.
- The use of Attendance 2 was fascinating.
- Online application & pdf fillable
- One take away I am excited to implement is a mentoring program to help students feel accepted academically and socially. Another take away is utilizing more resources in the community.
- Google doc
- The use of electronic forms
- Creative decision making on design and implementation
- Importance of SWOT, making sure it drives action.
- Mail chimp for newsletters
- Using the Attendance2 app to sign students in.
- Learning about creating Google Forms (survey)
- Strategies of innovation and connecting Theory to Practice
- Increasing Alumni outreach
- Loved the info on GRIT & Growth mindset.
- Thematic Summer Curriculums
- Implementing financial literacy yearly for students. Using Evernote for business cards. I've learned what not to do in our program.
- The technology information was useful. I will utilize many of the suggested online resources.
PRIORITY 2: LAS VEGAS, NV (2016)
- Implement Budget software.
- I want to redo our individual service plan for the new grant cycle and am excited to share all of this information with my TRIO TS colleagues at WESTOP.
- Audit Preparation
- I am excited for my take away about student files and accurate documentation.
- Budget management technology and resources. Online...
- It doesn't necessarily need to be implemented, but the take-away for me is that I feel like I have a much better grasp on the laws & regulations that govern our programs!
- The budgeting software.
- Remember how important documentation is to the program in all areas.
- Knowing what is allowable in cost and unallowable.
- I would check out budget websites provided.
- Great best practices to have a great check and balances system and record keeping for both programmatic and budget systems.
- I will be having a training for my staff and go over our grant and objectives.
- I am to go back and change the way we document program eligibility and services. I have a plan for how to ensure the auditability of our files.
- The importance of being aware of the budget and that every expense is tied to a student or for the purpose of your grant.
- I enjoyed this conference. The best part was the round table and seeing how other programs do things and meeting the other TRiO professionals.
- I found the prevention and resolution of audit disputes workshop especially helpful. Because of my position, I do not work with the program budget at all. I DO however work with student files and eligibility so this was really relevant.
- We are going to make some changes in how we handle our grant aid
- WORK WITH FINANCE DEPARTMENT TO GET THE RECORDS I NEED.
- The budget software that was shared with us was very useful.
- I feel more empowered to implement my program set-up and objectives of my program. This training is highly recommended for not only new, but seasoned TRIO professionals as a refresher. I am happy that I came and the great work from SAEOPP in hosting this
- I am excited about different outreach ways I can utilize on campus and working with departments. Along with utilizing technology.
- Making sure all individuals that work in the office, from admin, secretary know the objectives of the grant for our program.
- Getting site visit ready.
- I am excited to get a user-friendly policy and procedure book off the ground. This will be invaluable in ensuring consistent services year to year.
- I am excited to impart items we thought were not allowed but are & those we thought were allowable but are not.
- I believe the budget software will be implemented as soon as I get back and taking a look at our own budget. I will add more documentation to our files to make sure Everything is supported with documentation
- Always be ready for an audit an/or site visit. Budget management software.
- I am in our university's central research office and attended the training workshop to learn more about the TRIO programs on our campus. I will now be able to better support our director with budget administration and oversight.
- Although I have been with TRIO a number of years, this workshop has given me a better understanding of how to operate the programs I am responsible for more efficiently.